Medication at School

  • In order for your child to take medication in school, New York State requires a written order from the doctor, indicating the name, frequency, and dosage of the medication. Written permission from the parents allowing the school nurse to administer the medication is also required.  A supply of the medication properly labeled in its original container must be brought to the health office by an adult.  This applies to prescription and over the counter medications (including Tylenol and ibuprofen). 

    Medication Administration Form

    MD Attestation Form