Central Registration Information
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN NEED AN INTERPRETER TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION, PLEASE EMAIL US : email@example.com
***** New Information regarding Universal PREK Registration 2023-2024 can be found in the UPK Section****
For K-12 registration or general information:
Requirements for Enrollment: You must live in the Sweet Home Central School District in order for your child to attend our schools. We have provided a district boundaries map and street listing on this page to verify that you live in the district. We do not accept tuition for out of district students.
District Description: We have one high school, one middle school and four elementary schools. There is no open enrollment for elementary schools. Students are assigned to elementary schools based on the street they live on or if there is a need for ENL services. There are no exceptions.
Please note that Elementary ENL services are offered at Willow Ridge, Maplemere and Heritage Heights Elementary. Students who live in the Glendale area that require ENL services attend Heritage Heights.
STEPS TO ENROLL:
#1 FILL OUT A REGISTRATION PACKET:
A completed registration packet is required for each new student. Registration packets are located on this website, at the Sweet Home District office or in the Main office of each of our six school buildings.
#2 PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
- TWO PROOFS OF LEGAL RESIDENCY:
- Proof of home ownership or a current lease or current landlord statement* AND current proof of electric, gas, water, landline phone, internet or cable service at that address in the name of the registering parent/guardian.
- LEGAL PROOF OF AGE OF THE CHILD:
- Birth Certificate or passport or visa or baptismal certificate
- UP TO DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD:
- There are no religious exceptions for immunizations. However, students transferring from out of state or out of the country where requirements may be different have 30 days to provide proof of NYS required immunizations.
- NYS PHYSICAL WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS:
- If you do not have an updated physical, you will need to provide documentation of an appointment within 30 days of admission.
- PICTURE ID OF PARENT/GUARDIAN:
- driver's license (does not need to be from NY), passport or visa
- PROOF OF LEGAL CUSTODY OR GUARDIANSHIP:
- In order to register a child for school, the biological parent or court-appointed legal guardian/ custodian must have legal residence in the Sweet Home District. It is against School Board Policy and NYS Education Law for children to attend public school where the custodial parent or legal guardian does not reside.
- TWO PROOFS OF LEGAL RESIDENCY:
Can my child live with a family member or friend in Sweet Home in order to attend schools in the district?
If I moved out of the district, can my child still attend Sweet Home?
Can I use a post office box as my mailing address?
What is a landlord statement?
What do we need for our child who is transferring from outside the United States?
What if my child moves within the District?
If you are unsure whether a residence is within Sweet Home district boundaries or you are considering moving and want your child to remain at the same elementary school, Please see this complete list of streets in our district.
Here is a a copy of our district map.
Staff: Anne Nowak and Kim PanepintoSweet Home District Offices1901 Sweet Home RoadDoor #6Amherst, NY 14228Phone: (716) 250-1600Fax: (716) 250-1378Email: firstname.lastname@example.org